If you’ve missed some of the Photo Session Tips from my Crystal Clear Photography Facebook page, then this article is for you! Last month I did an article with Melissa Edmonds with the Most Valuable Tips for Fitness. This month I’ve compiled a more broad list with tips that anyone and everyone can use. Take a few minutes to read over these tips to help you before your next session!
- Smile with your eyes: Close your eyes, think of something that makes you happy or makes you laugh and then open them right before the photographer, me, takes the photo. This is a great way to ensure that your smile reaches your eyes when I capture your photograph.
- Do something with your hands: Whether your lacing your finger gently together, holding a coffee mug, holding someone else’s hand or touching your chin you should always do something with your hands. Don’t worry about feeling awkward! If you can’t figure out what to do, just ask me and I’ll help guide your pose.
- Add a little lean to your stance: Naturally we tend to lean away from the camera when we pose. However if you lean forward a little bit and shift your weight onto your back foot, it’ll make your waist appear trimmer. Leaning forward is generally more flattering to the upper body and chin.
- Be patient, your mood matters: This is a great one for families! If you are agitated, chances are your kids will be, too. Remember that it’s human nature to feed off the energy of those around you, so try to stay positive and relaxed. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready and let the photographer help guide you and your children during the session.
- Avoiding the dreaded double chin: To avoid a double chin, elongate your neck and push your face forward a bit. Think of sticking out your forehead and tipping your chin slightly down. This is especially important for those close up shots. It may feel like I’m getting a little too close for comfort, but if you trust me and allow me to guide you and help position you, I can promise you’ll love the outcome!
I hope you find these tips as valuable as I do! Don’t forget to follow my CCP Facebook page for even more great tips, awesome previews of the clients I’m working with, and information about what CCP can do for you. Check back every month for a new Most Valuable Tips article, and if you ever miss one go to my Blogs page on my website to catch up!
Email me for more information or an independent consultation at:
Don’t forget to BOOK YOUR SESSION today!
© Crystal Hollman, Crystal Clear Photography 2016. All rights reserved.