5 Best Props For Your Beauty Product Photos
Product photography can be a mine field. Get it right and you can showcase your product, improve click through rates and sell more products. Get it wrong and people can get bored of your content, bored of your brand and walk away from your company entirely.
That is why today I am here to offer you some photography tips to help you build on going consistency into your product photography. Specifically beauty products! The best thing you can do is theme and color style your content. Do you have a brand color scheme? If not, stop now and go get one. This is a key piece to having branded and well thought out images.
If you do, lets dive in to the 5 basic things you can use for your photos if you’re in the beauty product business!
- The first thing is towels! Yes towels, it might seem silly but its a great way to add layers and texture to your images. You can also find them in a variety of colors. Don’t forget that its something we ALL use every day with our beauty routines, ladies! So why not use them in your photos.
- Next up is sponges! They make for great accent pieces in your product photos. They come in different sizes and colors so you can easily fit them in to your brand palette. There are even different types of sponges to fit your specific product type. Not to mention if you want to feature or talk about how to use the product in a safe and santiary way, this works perfect!
- Keeping on the thought of how products might be used. What about q-tips or cotton balls (anything in the cotton family)! We use them every day when cleaning up under eyes from makeup blending or use them applicators for things like applying toners, skin creams, etc.
- What about your garden variety of brushes!! Okay take a look around and tell me you don’t have at least a handful of different brushes. From makeup, foundations, applicator brushes for eyeshadws and contouring, there are tons of brushes. Walk into any beauty store and you’re sure to find a wall of brushes that can compliment your product.
- Lastly, one of my favorites!! Bowls, saucers and other mixing items. You might use bowls for various masks or mixing together your beauty regime. They are also a great way to display and show the product in action! Using the brushes and bowls you can show off product consistency and color. So have fun and get creative!
Are you ready to get your beauty product photos taken to the next level?
Check out the Flatlay Method Ecourse! This course is launching exclusively for 5 days on April 10th, so make sure you enroll quickly.
Not sure if that is the route for you, I totally get it, Let’s talk! I love helping a fellow boss babe get the info they need to be successful, whether or not that means working with me, you deserve the best resources. See you again soon!
Share this post: